Thursday, June 15, 2017

T-2 hours and counting...

Hoky smokes, Bullwinkle.  In addition to things like 'eat breakfast, do dishes, and shave,' my morning to-do list includes 'go to Japan.'  Wait, what?  It's not like I didn't see it coming.  I just...it's a little hard to believe that's up next.  Well, next-ish.  I got to the airport in plenty of time.  As in, over two hours in advance.  It seemed wiser to allow plenty of leeway for our goofy little light rail system.  Awww, cute little MAX.  Are you having a hard time with the [insert any kind of weather at all]?  I'm perhaps unreasonably excited about Japan's major-league mass transit, which surely makes MAX look like a game of pickup during 4th-grade recess.

As it happened, though, I caught my train and my connecting train after short jogs, and made it to the airport from Killingsworth in 40 minutes.  Probably a record.  Waited for one couple at security, and walked through x-ray (hands-up....), taking as much time as the TSA strip-tease and redress required.  And that was it.

Blink blink.

Oh.

I'm curious if this is a sign of things to come, or if I've used up all my good travel karma.  Let you know more from the other side of the Pacific....

1 comment: